Friday, April 03, 2009

Spring Déjà Vu & Nest Fodder Status

My husband bought me some really pretty tulips the other night. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or a bonus, but there's a pretty pink flower among the orange ones! So pretty! Especially on these cold and raw days.

April means fundraising time and last year I blogged about making Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cheese Bars for the antique appraisal day that our Friends of the Library was hosting. I was really annoyed at the thought of baking something that would dirty lots of bowls last night but recalled that these bars were pretty easy and had gone over well. I pulled up my post and what do you know?! - A few slight recipe modifications and I was in business and having a major case of déjà vu!

Now onto the most important news: my yarn suet-feeder nest maker thingy!! (I seriously need to come up with a name for this - any ideas??) I've been watching the holder closely over the last two weeks and am sad to say there hasn't been any notable activity. It's still early though! We have just begun Spring and there are many nests to be made!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

any movement on the nest fodder? I just put some loose yarn bits out yesterday (near some sunflower seeds- so I knew they would be noticed)

Michelle said...

It's been so rainy out these past few days that I haven't made it over to check on the nest fodder status. This weekend will be amazingly gorgeous so a new post will be up shortly!

That's awesome that you put out some yarn scraps! I'm sure your feathered friends will appreciate it.