Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Sole Food Swap Q&A

I'm participating in my first swap on Ravelry! It sounded like so much fun I couldn't pass it up. These questions and answers are for whoever gets my name:
  1. What weight of sock yarn do you generally prefer (fingering, sport, or DK?)
    I've only worked with fingering and sport weight but I'm open to anything.

  2. What is your favorite type of yarn to knit with?
    I tend to lean towards superwash wool with nylon but like cotton as well.

  3. Are there any brands of sock yarn that you have wanted to work with but have not had the chance?
    I'm easy - if it's pretty I'll use it!

  4. What colors do you like?
    Blue, purple, dark reds and greens but I have a lot of this in my stash. I enjoy variegated and self-striping, as well as solids for intricate patterns.

  5. What colors do you not like?
    I can't imagine I'd ever like orange socks and I have issues with some browns / golds.

  6. What type of recipes do you usually cook with?
    I'm a vegetarian (no meat / fish) so I enjoy cooking pasta, rice, and vegetable dishes.

  7. What type of recipes do you usually bake with?
    Baking is my favorite!! I love love love to bake. I enjoy making cookies the most, but bars, muffins, pies, tarts, bread are right up my alley too.

  8. What is your favorite food?
    Bread and pasta with chocolate cream pie for dessert. *ok, I'm drooling now*

  9. Are you a tea or coffee drinker?
    Tea and hot chocolate! I don't touch coffee but for some reason don't mind eating the beans when they're smothered in chocolate.

  10. What type of sweets do you like?
    mmmm - I have a serious sweet tooth. Chocolate is my favorite (especially dark) but anything goes.

  11. Does your kitchen have a theme?
    Nah - my kitchen is very eclectic.

  12. Do you have any allergies (to food, fibers, pets, etc) or diet restrictions?
    Just that I'm a vegetarian. I eat cheese but only bake with eggs and milk (for example, I don't eat quiche or milkshakes). I pretty much have a 4 egg limit on baked goods - else they start tasting too "eggy" for me. I also stay clear of anything that has gelatin because it's an animal product. Unfortunately, this rules out everything with marshmallows, Skittles, Starburst and almost anything gummy (bears, worms, etc). Although swedish fish are fine - strange!

  13. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know?
    I'm super excited to be participating in this swap! I can't wait to get to know you and see what kind of cool stuff you've chosen for me! You can find loads more about me from my Ravelry profile, projects and stash.

No comments: